Please use this checklist to use and maintain your medical device safely and effectively in your home.
* Read your patient education information.
* Ask your doctor or supplier questions about your device and take notes.
* Ask what you need to operate your device.
- Do you need electricity, running water, telephone, or computer connections to operate your device?
* Check to see that your home is suited for your device.
- Do the stairs, doorways, bathrooms, house wiring, present any problems?
* Keep Instructions for Use close to your device.
* Pay attention to alarms and error messages.
- Be familiar with what the alarms and error messages mean.
* Follow Instructions as given.
* Call supplier for help if you don't understand how your device works.
* Report to your doctor or device supplier any new problems you have with the device.
Checklist courtesy FDA